I don’t know about you guys, but small little things done right in the morning seem to make all the difference for me. Waking up and getting through the day and ‘trying’ to get things done is not my idea of fun! I’m sure having a family and a job makes the mix all the more difficult, so carry on reading on how I like to start my day and make it a little brighter and a lot more productive.
1. Wake up earlier- looking at the clock, and seeing it read only 10am after getting most my house chores done makes me feel like a champ, that this girl is indeed on fire! Nothing better than having the rest of the morning to do so many other things that I can’t seem to fit in because of the kids and work. By getting up earlier you can jam pack your day with everything on your to do list without worrying too much about the time. But importantly waking up earlier helps you not feel stressed or panicked because you overslept or that you run late. Waking up a little earlier than normal will give you ample time to get organized and get on the move.
2. Now this is my favorite one. Drink your coffee outside or over looking a view…well of something like that… this is the quiet before the storm for me. Peaceful time to sit and enjoy my robust Nespresso (without the presence of Mr Clooney unfortunately) and think about things. Anything and everything really. What needs to be done, a new idea for a topic, what’s on the agenda for the day, what one of the kids did to make me laugh…honestly all my thoughts go full steam ahead in the morning so I like this early time alone. Don’t forget to have a little notebook and pencil handy to jot down any important info that may pop in and that has a habit of popping right back out like mine. If you like me it’s gone by the time i get up and then I think damn why didn’t I get write that down. Good time to prioritize your tasks too.
3. Exercise! Go for a walk or run, get yourself to gym or use a fitness dvd. A good 20 minute brisk walk is really such good medicine and most people can do it and you need nothing but a good pair of trainers.. Release those endorphins- walking has fabulous benefits for your mental health. It is ensured to improve your mood and boost your vitality. Walking reduces your risk of heart disease and strokes. its a great cardio exercise that lowers bad cholesterol and increases the good cholesterol So peeps just walk and strengthen your heart!
4. Have a shower. Having a morning shower invigorates your skin,refreshes your sleepy brain and rejuvenates you in facing a whole day ahead. Throw in a shower bomb at the bottom of your shower under the warm water flow to enjoy the gorgeous scent and health bennies.
5. Cook dinner at lunchtime. At around 11am I start cooking the kids’ lunch, so when they come back from school a hot plate of something awaits them. Now it doesn’t always need to be a hot elaborate meal, it can be anything from a toasted sandwich with a side salad to a spag bol. Sometimes dinner left overs are transformed into a ‘something new’ meal. but what I love to do is make my dinner meal now. If its a casserole type food or an oven meal I do it now. all it needs after is gentle heating and its side dish like a rice or a pasta. that’s much easier than panicking what am I going to pull out of the freezer or fridge to cook for dinner! This helps when you are taxing kids all afternoon and don’t have the time to be slaving away over the stove later on.
6. Afternoon slum: get a cuppa tea! Having a nice cup of tea or herbal tea is refreshing and uplifting. There’s nothing nicer than sharing that cup of tea with your girlfriends. Get them round and have a girls afternoon tea. Cake or no cake make it all about the tea and it helps you feel and stay connected to people around you that matters.
7. After dinner, wash,dry and pack away: get everyone involved, after dinner is done we all clear the table and rinse the plates, stack the dishwasher and wash what cant go it, its dried and put away immediately. I can NOT face all these dinner plates, pots and glasses the next day and having to deal with that shit (excuse my french!) too but yeah that is my number 1 in the morning knowing it was all done the night before.
8. Get a rub or massage: oooh to end my day with a massage from hubby, well its delightful I must say. Researchers say it’s human nature to want to be touched and gives you a sense of feeling loved and wanted. It calms anxiety and depression, leaving you stress free and free from panic. it also helps you relax and ease muscle pain encouraging you into a restful sleep.
Ok right, I’m off for a massage, hubby is waiting for me. Ta-ta. Wooowoop!